top of page
Suburb Neighborhood representing home insurance



Homeowners Insurance in Honeoye Falls, NY

Naples, NY, and Rushville, NY

When you need to protect what is most likely your largest asset—your dwelling—from the risk of loss, choosing the right insurance agent is vital. Mitchell-Joseph is your local Insurance Agent in Honeoye Falls, NY, Naples, NY, Rushville, NY, and surrounding Rochester, NY, areas. We understand all aspects of Home Insurance. Every home is unique––different sizes, qualities, ages, locations, and on and on. Because we are an independent insurance agency that represents 24 individual insurance carriers, we are able to offer you comparative quotes and tailor your homeowner’s insurance policy specifically for your home. Our Naples, NY, Rushville, NY, and Honeoye Falls Insurance agents are always happy to review your current homeowner’s insurance policy with you to ensure that you have the right coverage for your particular needs. simply CONTACT US to schedule an appointment.  


Mitchell-Joseph Insurance Agency not only focuses on insuring your house and its contents, but we also make sure that you're adequately covered against liability. Let's say a guest falls down your stairs or trips over a crumbling concrete walkway and sustains serious injury. We make sure you have enough insurance coverage so that you're not forced to pay out-of-pocket.

Asian family at home smiling


Discovering water on the floor of your basement or crawl space can be devastating. During various times of the year, (when snow melts rapidly or rain is abundant), water can seep into your basement causing flooding. When your basement floods, the first thing you may think about is whether your homeowner's insurance policy will cover damages to your home or personal property. The fact is that damage from water backing up into your basement is not always included in a basic home insurance policy. There are a number of reasons that can cause water to back up into your basement.

flooded basement
flooded crawl space in basement_edited.j

Water Backup insurance reimburses you for damages when water overflows due to the following:


  • When your sump pump fails

  • If toilets, sinks, or drains back up due to clogging

  • When wastewater floods your basement because of a sewer backup


These are common situations that homeowners may face. This is why we recommend adding Water Backup Insurance to your homeowners policy. If you'd like to know the differences between Water Backup Insurance and Flood Insurance, read our article to learn more. Or call us at (585) 624-2180 and we'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.


Many homeowners are not aware that while you're digging in your back yard to plant a tree, and you accidentally dig cut into a utility line, your Homeowners Insurance will not cover damages. But, there is an endorsement to your Homeowners policy that will protect you from incidences such as damage to electrical power lines, water lines, gas or fuel lines, cable service lines, and more. This type of policy is called Service Line Insurance — also known as Utility Line or Buried Utility Line Insurance and Mitchell-Joseph Insurance with three New York locations, offers it.

Person digging in yard on grass with a shovel.
Broken water pipe

Service Line Insurance from Mitchell-Joseph Insurance can help you pay for both repairs and/or replacement of any damaged utility lines and water pipes located on your property. It will also cover whatever costs you might incur when having them fixed. An example would be any repair work needed if your landscaping was damaged during repair, and more.

To learn more about Service/Utility Line Insurance READ THIS ATICLE, which can be found on the Mitchell-Joseph Insurance Blog. You can always talk with one of our agents by calling (585) 624-2180.


Rental Property Insurance, also known as Landlord Insurance – protects non-owner-occupied rental properties. A landlord policy can cover a building rented to commercial tenants or to families and individuals. Residential properties include apartment complexes, condominiums, homes, or vacation property. Contact our office for details.

Victorian rental property home
Condominiums for the condominium insurance section


Condominium Insurance is similar to a homeowner’s policy, except that it works in conjunction with your condo’s homeowner’s association (HOA) insurance. Usually, external or outdoor areas fall under your condo association’s insurance, while any damages within your condo are your responsibility. Contact one of our agents for more details.

Flooding of homes


If you live near a body of water, or on (or at the base of) a hillside that could give way due to heavy rain, you should consider purchasing flood insurance. A basic homeowner’s insurance policy doesn’t cover flooding. The best time to prepare for a flood is well before the waters rise. CONTACT US and we'll design a policy that protects your home, its contents, and assets from damages due to flooding.

bottom of page